DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
The Department of Community Health Nursing is involved in training of under- graduate students in the field of Community Health Nursing.
Students are trained to provide need based care to the individual, family and community at adopted villages of Sir Issac Newton College of Nursing, Nagapattinam. Students are further trained to solve the identified problems of the people and to give health education with emphasis on primary prevention.
- Conducted national conference and state level workshop.
- Research activities-student level and faculty level.
- Scientific paper presentations. Publications in national and international journal.Conducting regular home visits.
- Organizing camps based on the needs of the community.Perform various mass health education program.Conducting school health program.
- World breast feeding week celebration.
- TMCH services in urban and rural health centers in adopted villages. Periodic guest lectures and faculty developmental programmes